Hope you all enjoyed Easter! I had a great time in the desert this past weekend and I'm already looking forward to my next weekender. I'm going to spend some quality time with my big sis in San Diego, hit up a local flea market, and ride my bike along Newport Beach (hopefully I can squeeze in a stop along the way for a chocolate covered banana on thePeninsula). Here's a couple of quick and laid-back looks from my closet for a good little weekend running around So Cal.
Details on the outfit for a day with my big sis (as shown above):
1. BCBG MaxAzria striped dress - It's a silk and cashmere blend that is really comfy. I love this dress because in the Fall I wear it with a black sash, black stockings, and booties and then throw on loads of gold jewelry to give it some spunk, but in the Summer time I can just as easily dress it down like I've done here.
2. Tan wrap-around belt (don't remember who makes this or where I got it, sorry)
3. Black-ruffled sandals that I bought at a swap meet last Summer.
(a close-up of the oh so cute, and perfectly priced sandals at only $12)
Since I'll be bringing down several items to my sister's house to do some crafting, I may have to pair this outfit with that great vintage Tourister bag I got at a flea market a few weeks back. The yellow just POPS against the black and white.
And an outfit for an easy bike ride & flea market hunting:
1. Marc by Marc Jacobs silk blouse
2. Low-rise boyfriend shorts by Hurley (love the mix of the feminine blouse with ruffed up "boyfriend" jeans)
3. Vintage necklace (it's actually a perfume locket, but I prefer to wear it without the perfume)
4. Braided Reef sandals (yes these are reefs so they are really comfy!)
What do you think? A little inspiration for your next weekend maybe?