The other day I hopped on my blogger account and started cruising through my favorite blogs. I clicked through to Tastes Like Red and to my (pleasant) surprise Ms. Amy @ Tastes Like Red had included me in her post as one of her top 7 favorite blogs!! So very sweet of her. I was very surprised and really this just made my day. When I started my blog I kind of assumed that nobody would really read it and I would basically be just posting a fashion + home diary for myself, but I am so glad that you readers have deemed me worthy enough to follow.
She has awarded me with a "Beautiful Blogger Award" and has asked that I share 7 unknown facts about myself and then pay this award forward by picking 7 of my favorite blogs to share with my readers. The rules:
1) Post the award logo within your blog or post
2) Share 7 unknown facts about yourself
3) Pass the award onto 7 fellow bloggers
4) Link the nominees within your post
5) Share the love and link to the person whom you received this award from
I gladly accept this award and am ready to share my 7 unknown facts & 7 great blogs.
1) I am training for my first relay triathlon this summer (ok so if you read my blog yesterday this might not be a surprise).
2) I just passed my one-month blog anniversary! thank you readers!
3) As cliche as it is, yes my fiesty personality does match my fiery red hair!
4) I'm crazy about dogs! All sizes (and pretty much all breeds). I've always had a dog as a child, and can't wait until I move into a house to have my own.
5) I watched every Sex in the City episode, but I'll never remember if it's "Sex in the City" or "Sex and the City"? Oh yes, and I did cry more than a few times while watching this series...I got so sucked in!
6) I'm married to my best friend and am madly in love.
7) Next month I'm officially closer to 30 than 20, and that doesn't bother me one bit at all.
Now on to my favs:
1) Cupcakes & Cashmere - I have such a girl crush on Emily. Her blog and her outfit photo shoots are so adorable (I don't know who she uses as a photographer but every detail is always spectacular). This is a must read if you are a true fashion lover.
2) Little Green Notebook - Jenny at LGN has DIY ideas coming out the wazoo! She has a great sense of vision and I'm always anxious to see what she's going to come up with next. The first time I read her blog I literally sat down for a few hours and read it from beginning to end. Yes my friends, it's THAT good.
3) Secrets of Domestic Bliss - This is the newest of my "favorites". Ashlina's pics on fashion and home decor never disappoint.
4) (never home) maker - I love this blog because I feel like my hubby and I can totally relate with Ashley & Stephen. It's written by a cute young couple always on the go, but still wanting to make their house feel like home. They are active and fun and full of brilliant information.
5) Glammed if you do, Glammed if you don't - Whenever you're feeling a little blah, just head on over to ElleDee's blog here and you will be shocked into instant glamorama! And of course I always love a fellow redhead!
6) Habitually Chic - This is my first blog love. I don't even know how I found it, but it became an instant Favorite saved to my computer. Heather's design sensibility is great and I loved watching her "Bachelor Pad" series where she would make over a Bachelor's apartment into a stylish (but still manly) abode.
7) Coco + Kelley - This was probably my second love when it comes to the blog scene. Cassandra always has beautiful photos and I always feel really inspired by her "Happy Weekend" posts.
They are such a great way to kick off my weekend!
Now I don't expect these fabulous women to carry on the chain (as I'm sure most of them do not read my blog), but it's nice to share their great work with you. So Enjoy!