Friday, June 18, 2010

A Tribute to Papa

my dad at 4 yrs old (sorry it was just too cute not to include)

With Father's Day right around the corner, I wanted to say Happy Father's Day to my papa and thank you for everything! You have taught me a lot in life, and I have to say you are the most honest and hard working person I have ever met. You are also the biggest busy body I know (I know I inherited that one from you) and also showed me what it really means to love someone (your love for mom is like nothing I have ever seen - we all thought you were so cheesy growing up but now we know how lucky we were to know that you loved her "til the 12th of Never").

Dad's High School Football glory days (he's on the far left)

Dad's Army days

Dad and Mom at the altar

I have so much more to learn from you, and about you (why didn't I know until a few weeks ago that you almost died when you were 4 because you got hit by a motorcyclist and had your head split completely open?). I'm so very looking forward to the visits to come. I love you papa and I'm sending big hugs since I can't be there in person this weekend.

Dad and his love for ice cream go back a long way :)


Dad fishing with my oldest brother


Oh Dad, I think I have about a million pictures of you dipping mom and smooching her; it was only natural that I slip one of these in here.

Dad with all of his girls (left to right): Bethannie, Chrys, Candice, Tanya, Tiffany, me, and Camie

xox,

Bre

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I LOVE THIS. I have a huge lump in my throat. What a great dad you have! And what a special relationship he shares with all the girls in your family.

    Gotta go call my dad now. Missing him big time!

    Wonderful. Hope you have a great weekend. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is SUCH a lovely tribute to your dad. i love all the old photos, especially the one of your parents at the altar and your mom with all the daisies in her hair — gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh my, so lovely:) I adore all the old photos and the last one is so cute with all of you there:) Your mom looked so beautiful on her wedding day:)
    Muah sweetie and have a wonderful Friday:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, this is so sweet. What a lovely tribute, my dear!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, you seriously just made me cry! These pictures are so precious! Your daddy looks wonderful<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh!! sweetest post ever!!! i love it! aren't dads the best??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...