Thursday, March 4, 2010

Welcome to redBungalow!


The name for this blog, "redBungalow," shares the name of my little shop that I am trying to get up and running. I'm a twenty-something (officially now approaching thirty-something, since as my dad pointed out to me I reached the "halfway to 50 mark" last year) that is a lover of all things fashion, home design, lifestyle, and travel. I'm a public accountant by day, an outdoor junkie on the weekends (skiing, hiking, cycling, camping, backpacking), and a serious DIY-er (I'll knit, sew, saw, sand, drill, build whatever to get exactly what I have envisioned in my head). Opening my own boutique to address my love of fashion, design, & DIY has always been a dream of mine, but the brick and mortar variety are very intimidating, so I am venturing out to try my hand at opening my own online boutique of handmade and vintage home goods.

I love to spend a lazy afternoon at the flea market looking for the perfect (and under-appreciated) addition to my home and jewelry collection or curled up on the couch furiously knitting while watching hockey (go Kings go!).

I love mixing elements of cozy and warmth with modern design. My handmade items for my shop are mostly of the knitted variety -and I'm on a mission to prove that knitted furniture should be the next big thing!

In the past 5 or 6 years I have started a habit of clipping out beautiful inspiration photos from various home design magazines (anyone else desperately miss Domino?) and putting them into a little leather bound notebook. I paste them in there and write notes about why I love the picture and how I can use that inspiration in my future house (currently an apartment renter). I've also acquired quite a stack of Vogues, which I've become accustomed to reading through vigorously and doggy-earring pages that have looks that are to die for!

But I have to admit that my little leather book and my pile of doggy-earred magazines is growing quite out of control. I decided with there being so many amazing inspiration images that I come across on the internet (that I usually print out and put into my notebook, what a waste of paper!), that I should start a journal of the electronic sorts instead. So there you have it...that is the story behind the creation of my blog. My posts will be focused on all things home design or fashion or the crazy adventures of opening my own shop (I have spent so much time knitting I think my little fingers might fall off!)

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to start following this blog and I'm very intrigued to see what you will have up next!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...