Friday, July 2, 2010

Casual Friday


Last Friday a miracle happened, for the first time in a LONG time I had a Friday where I didn't have to go see clients, which meant (WAIT FOR IT)...I could hide out at my desk and wear jeans. :) Simply Lovely. I was elated to show up in my comfy jeans (well, denim leggings) and the minute I showed up one of my cube-farm buddies really loved my outfit and told me I should put it on my blog. Well...OK. So here it is (sorry not the best photos after a long day of work and happy hour). And today is kind of the perfect day for a red, white, & blue post with Independence Day right around the corner.

This vintage clutch is my daily reminder of my momma. I can so remember you momma as a fashionable working woman sporting this clutch when I was a little girl. I found a receipt inside from 1993, which means you probably didn't use it much after that, and this clutch is SOOOO early 90's. It puts visions of super tight body con dresses in my head, which makes me adore this even more.


outfit credit:
Blouse - I don't know who made my blouse. I bought it a few years back at Nordstrom and took the tag off because it was too itchy. Sorry.
Denim Leggings - BDG (I'm really loving these bad boys)
Shoes - Christian Lacroix (so delicate and fun!)
vintage clutch - inherited from momma
Ring - vintage find. I wish I had taken a better close up of this one, will have to use it in another post. I've been wearing it A LOT lately so I don't think that will be a problem :)

Have a wonderful weekend! And if you're here in the States, then Happy 4th of July to you too! Have any great plans?

xox,

Bre

4 comments:

  1. love that clutch! and your shoes! Glad you got to enjoy a little break at work :)

    have a great holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty outfit....I adore your clutch:) Happy Friday,sweetie and see you soon:)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. i looove denim leggings
    :) i wear them practically everywhere..which can either be a good or a bad thing.. hahah. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look SO cute in your denim leggings, and I love that the darling clutch was your mom's -- so special.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...