Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Moving on from Skinnies

Spring 2011 looks from ADAM, Derek Lam, & Cynthia Rowley

I think today I almost quit skinny pants....well not completely. I'm not 100% over skinnies (I never will be), although this trend HAS been going for a long time, but right now I'm finding flared or loose pants to be so totally refreshing.

My epiphany started when I tried to go buy new work slacks todays (I was looking for skinnies and unfortunately they were all out of my size at the store). I ALWAYS feel like I need new pants, so I headed home and scoured through my closet to see what I could possibly find to hold me over until I could manage to find some skinnies in my size. To my surprise (and I'm a little embarrassed to admit) I found 6 pairs of flared/loose slacks that I've purchased over the past few years sitting in my closet with tags still on them. I guess over the years I've bought them (knowing that I totally needed them) and forgot/never-had-the-time to take them to get tailored. I couldn't believe it! So I tried them on (and yes they all need hemming because I'm only 5'3") but I'm totally feeling this silhouette again.

So off to the tailor I'll be heading and anxiously awaiting the return of my pants. To hold me over while I wait, I pulled up a couple of pictures from Spring 2011 collections shown above. Aren't these images totally refreshing compared to the squeezed-in pants we're so used to seeing everywhere right now?

I think I'm in love.

xox,

Bre

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see you in them! I've JUST started embracing skinnies and won't let go of them anytime soon because I love tucking them into boots.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...