Monday, December 13, 2010

And.....we're back!

*a pic of us from our recent travels*

The past month has been a whirlwind to say the least. I spent a week and a half in Chicago (one of my favorite cities) and then turned around and had a very very white Thanksgiving in Salt Lake City. Then I quit my job of 4.5 years and traveled with my husband to the Caribbean for some in-between-job adventure. We snorkeled the Caymans and enjoyed the beautiful white-sand beaches off the coast of Honduras (Honduras had some of the BEST snorkeling I've ever done). We tasted the local beers in Belize & Yucutan Peninsula (there's something about having the local beer & food that makes me feel connected to new cultures) and also went reef fishing with the locals and visited some gorgeous Mayan Ruins with an AWESOME AWESOME guide named Angel (I'll have to do a separate post for that one).

And now, we've FINALLY come back home to stay for a while. I'm totally exhausted, but incredibly satisfied and ready to start my new job and enjoy the holidays with good friends and family. Hopefully over the next few days I can post up some pics from my travels and get back to more regular postings.

For now the pic above is of my husband and me while in Belize. I'm so grateful to have added four more countries to our list of places that we have traveled together. It slightly satisfied my desire to travel, but of course, it also left me wanting more :)

Hope you all had a fabulous Turkey Day and that you're enjoying the holiday season.

xox,

Bre

4 comments:

  1. You two look gorgeous -- it sounds like an amazing trip!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, tourist photos never turn out this awesome. This is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Bre! Sounds like one crazy but very fun month! I'm excited to see more pictures! Oh, and congrats on quitting your job! From what I know, it was very demanding. It must be nice to have a break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that you took a big trip in between jobs - i definitely would have done the same!!! glad that you're home girly and good luck at your new gig!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...